Chemical peels are an effective, simple and completely non-invasive way to revitalize the complexion to reveal a fresher, more youthful glow. Peels are more potent than a facial, but less aggressive than laser procedures that yield great results but require more downtime to recover.
A chemical peel at NaturallYou in Greenwich, CT, will leave your skin feeling refreshed and radiant. Terry Conrad and her talented aesthetics team offer several customizable peels, which they use to address a wide variety of skin concerns. Terry often recommends peels as part of an overall treatment regimen for the skin. They are sometimes combined with other therapies to give skin a boost in tone and texture.
Consider a VI Peel™
Terry Conrad and her team at NaturallYou are proud to offer the VI Peel, a potent peel packed with powerful, skin-transforming ingredients including gentle acids, vitamin C, and minerals. This topical application, applied in a medi-spa setting by our expert staff, safely removes layers of damaged skin to promote cellular turnover. Terry often recommends a VI Peel to her patients who are looking to refresh their complexions because they are appropriate for a wide range of skin types and pigments. She uses it on patients interested in revitalizing the face, neck, and chest. It’s also safe for rejuvenating the skin under the eyes.
What Are The Benefits Of A VI Peel?
A VI peel improves the skin’s tone and texture, while reducing age spots and softening the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It’s also effective for treating acne breakouts. Even though the peel can produce excellent results as a stand-alone procedure, combining it with laser skin rejuvenation or fillers can have a noticeable impact for clients looking for more aggressive results.
NaturallYou offers VI Peels to treat:
- Acne or acne scarring.
- Age spots
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Irregular skin pigmentation
- Rough skin and scaly patches
- Sun-damaged skin
Is There Any Preparation Before My Vi Peel?
The only preparation for your Vi Peel at NaturallYou is to avoid sun exposure. Your skin needs to be calm. That’s about it.
What Can I Expect During My Vi Peel?
Compared to more penetrating chemical peels, the Vi Peel is considered to be non-invasive and painless. When we apply the peel, you’ll likely have a sensation of mild tingling, somewhat akin to pins and needles, but it is not severe in the least.
The Vi Peel only takes about 30 minutes from start to finish. Then you leave it on for a period of hours. Here are the steps:
- We cleanse your skin to remove dirt, oil, and makeup.
- We apply the Vi Peel solution in two layers.
- You likely feel some tingling.
- Once the second layer is applied, your skin will turn white or “frost”
- About 4 to 6 hours later, you’ll wash off the peel.
- Your skin will start peeling about 3 days after your Vi Peel.
What Makes Up a Vi Peel at Naturall You?
The Vi Peel is a chemical peel that is a blend of active ingredients. Here are the main ingredients and what they do to improve your skin:
- Trichloroacetic acid (TCA) and phenol —The combination of TCA and a small amount of phenol create a controlled injury to the skin, leading to regeneration and resulting in increased collagen and elastin production. TCA clears away dead skin cells to reveal the new skin layers beneath. This treats skin discoloration, scarring, and wrinkles. Phenol penetrates a little more deeply to treat sun damage, pigmentation issues, and facial lines.
- Salicylic acid — You know this acid from various skin care products. Salicylic acid is used to exfoliate the skin and clean the pores. It reduces mild breakouts of whiteheads and blackheads and helps prevent future breakouts.
- Retinoic acid — Retinoic acid is a derivative of vitamin A. It helps regulate growth and differentiation of skin cells, resulting in a reduction in the inflammation and oil production behind acne.
- Vitamin C — Vitamin C in the Vi Peel provides a powerful antioxidant that counters some of the damaging effects of the sun and pollution, reducing pigmentation areas and improving the appearance of the skin. Vitamin C also boosts collagen production, key to plumping and firming the skin.
- Hydroquinone, kojic acid, benzoyl peroxide, hydrocortisone — These ingredients may or may not be included in your Vi Peel at NaturallYou. Their inclusion depends on the unique characteristics of your skin.
How Many Vi Peels Will I Need?
Compared to moderate chemical peels, which you can only have quarterly, you can have a Vi Peel about every 6 weeks. This will provide continuing exfoliation and skin renewal through Vi Peel’s awesome combination of ingredients.
How Do I Take Care of My Skin after My Vi Peel?
After about 4 to 6 hours, and at least one hour before bed, you will wash off the Vi Peel at home using a mild cleanser and water. In 3 days, your skin will start to peel.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Don’t apply anything to your face until you wash off the peel.
- Apply “Post-Peel Protectant” (we provide) 2 to 4 times per day.
- Apply moisturizer frequently until your peeling is finished.
- Avoid direct sunlight for a period of a few weeks after your peel. If outside wear only 30+ or higher SPF sunscreen.
Do Chemical Peels Hurt?
As mentioned above, the Vi Peel usually creates some mild tingling and possibly a slight pins and needles sensation for the first half-hour or so after application.
Discomfort with other peels can vary depending upon the peeling agents used and the duration they are applied prior to removal.
We don’t provide deep peels using phenol at NaturallYou. Those are the peels that involve a good deal of discomfort and recovery time.
How Soon Will I See Results from My Vi Peel?
All chemical peels, including the Vi Peel, provide a mix of immediate and long-term results. Due to the instant cleansing and exfoliation, your skin looks brighter and more vibrant immediately. But your real results show themselves after your skin has finished peeling in 3 days or so. The younger skin beneath the now-peeled outer layer will be revealed. Plus, your skin will continue to improve as the Vi Peel initiates new production of collagen and elastin.
Terry Lynn Conrad, APRN
OWNER & MEDICAL AESTHETIC DIRECTOR
Terry treats every patient who comes to Naturallyou like part of her family, spending as much time as needed to ensure a safe, positive experience and outstanding results. She's one of the top injectors in the country, selected by product manufacturers to train other aesthetic professionals.
Terry is an amazing practitioner. I have been working with Terry to keep me looking younger for many years and the biggest compliment I can give her is that when I bump into old friends they say I haven’t aged! I credit Terry with the fact that I continue to look ten years younger than I am. I have recommended Terry to many friends and all have continued to use her and feel exactly the same way I do. She has a great eye and does a great job.
- Blanche O., Greenwich, Ct.